It’s World Emoji Day! It was 1997 when these little icons started appearing on Japanese mobiles and they became increasingly popular around the globe in the 2010s. Now they are completely ingrained into popular culture.
To help celebrate the day, Agency51 has put together 10 well known terms associated with digital marketing solely using these delightful digital doodles.
How many can you get?
No cheating! Make sure you have had a go before scrolling to the answers below.
- Search engine optimisation (search-engine | hop-time-eyes-say-shone)
- Content marketing (can-tent | mark-kite-in)
- Cost per click (cost-purr-click)
- Paid search
- Back link
- Cost per lead (cost-purr-lead)
- Organic ranking (organ-nick | rank-in)
- Social media
- Web development (web | devil-hop-mint)
- Email campaign (email | camp-pain)